It’s time for week 9 in Romans and I’m shaking things up a bit this week. After much reflection, I have decided to drop Homiletics from the plan. If you still want to do them, go for it! The chapters for the second half are substantially longer for the most part. For that reason, I’ve adjusted us to 3 days of writing the Word. This whole time, I’ve also felt that Bible coloring should have been before SOAKing so that will stay on Thursdays and SOAKing will be bumped to Fridays. This is the first Bible study I’ve organized online, so thank you for your grace with me as I figure out what works best as we go :).
Be sure to share on Instagram using the hashtags #WaterIntoWineFaith and #GoodMorningGirls.
Here’s the plan for this week:
- Monday: Write out Romans chapter 9 verses 1-13.
- Choose whichever translation you prefer.
- 5 tips for picking the best Bible translation.
- Which translation should you use? quiz.
- I plan to do mine in my journal. I will post my verses 1-13 on Instagram tomorrow morning.
- Tuesday: Write out Romans chapter 9, verses 14-24
- Have fun with it! Use a fun pen, markers, colors, etc.
- Wednesday: Write out Romans chapter 9, verses 25-33
- Choose a favorite verse or verses from chapter 9 and create a graphic!
- Apps for creating your own verse image:
- Thursday: Color code the words/verses of chapter 9 either in your Bible or wherever you wrote out the chapter if you don’t want to color in your bible.
- Friday:SOAK chapter 9.
- S-Scripture: Choose a verse or two from chapter 8 that speaks to you. Write the verse(s).
- O-Observation: note what you observe about these verses or the chapter. I often write out context of what is happening in this section of the Bile.
- A-Application: note why and how this verse speaks to you. It could relate to your past, your current life, someone you love, etc.
- K-Kneeling in Prayer: Write a prayer. I often write one related to the content of the chapter or whatever is on my mind. Write from the heart.
If you would like to still complete homiletics, here is the information for how to do it:
Don’t forget to take a picture and post it on Instagram. Use the hashtags #WaterIntoWineFaith and #GoodMorningGirls so we can see each other’s!